School Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports towards the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management which include the next units that are functional workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, school funding and Scholarships, scholar Suggestions Systems in addition to Office associated with University Registrar.
The University of Kansas workplace of Financial help and Scholarships (FAS) serves students, families, while the community by giving federal, state, and institutional school funding information and resources to aid pupils in attaining their academic goals. FAS is dedicated to quality that is providing help solutions to its constituents while maintaining accountability when you look at the administration of general public, institutional, and personal educational funding funds. Services are created to offer the academic objectives associated with specific pupil and the objectives of this college while they relate with retention and graduation.
This place is important in administering education loan, work-study, and give programs. These obligations need strong social abilities, focus on information together with capability to make use of a student that is diverse, along with an aptitude for administering school funding programs to make certain conformity along with Federal Title IV laws. The employees user in this place must efficiently administer aid that is financial in help of y our objective to make certain access and help development and gratification of our pupils.
Job explanation 40% Coordination of all of the Loan Programs
- Must keep strong understanding of federal loan laws to make certain conformity and defenses associated with University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus lovers.
- Oversees the processing that is daily of Loans and private loans.
- Guarantees conformity by reviewing loan that is daily/weekly to examine and resolve pupil level problems surrounding annual and aggregate loan limitations, NSLDS checklists, along with other eligibility dilemmas.
- Executes month-to-month reconciliation of Direct Loan programs along with scholar Ideas Systems and Financial Services.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator who manages the processing for personal and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, procedures loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help properly.
- Develops and keeps procedure and policy papers linked to all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing activities and makes suggestions for increased efficiency.
40% Work Learn and Give Management:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) system and Kansas job Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and payday loans honors consequently.
- Monitors the FWS investment stability and pupil profits, including utilising the DEMIS portal plus the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to trace expenditures.
- Corresponds because of the Shared provider Center regarding FWS earnings restrictions, possible increases in honors, and retroactive investment changes.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and offers training to campus lovers.
- In charge of keeping up-to-date with federal laws regarding FWS and developing/updating annual policies and procedures.
- Functions as the liaison towards the University job Center when you look at the management regarding the Kansas job Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and honors the KU Overseas Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables Glacier that is regarding paperwork and places/releases holds on records.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal EDUCATE grant, including reporting and maintenance of pupil documents within the Origination that is common and system.
20% Financial Education and Provider Delivery
- Counsels potential and current pupils and families regarding school-related educational funding issues, and reacts fully to escalated inquiries, like the application and awarding process, cost management and also the securing of resources to meet up costs.
- Reacts to complex questions (including escalated calls and visits) from potential pupils, current pupils, moms and dads, campus peers among others regarding aid that is financial and extra money needs to go to, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach tasks ( e.g. FAFSA conclusion, twelfth grade activities) to aid recruitment tasks together with KU Admissions office, and also other school funding occasions on campus for present pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with couple of years experience that is relevant Master’s degree at period of visit.
- Experience involved in educational funding, scholarships, admissions, advising or related section of advanced schooling.
- Experience producing efficiencies through technology, including experience with information question and analytics.
- Exemplary interaction abilities as evidenced by the application form materials and meeting procedure.
- Experience with interpreting federal regulations and developing/implementing programs to comply with those laws.
- Demonstrated strong solution distribution abilities, including using the services of a population that is diverse.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in problem-solving for a number of circumstances.